Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your Haines City/Polk City home or business has been affected by water damage from flooding, leaks, broken pipes, or anything else that we are not able to control, SERVPRO of Haines City/Polk City has the expertise and the equipment to properly restore your property. Our water removal and water cleanup process is completed by our highly-trained technicians who respond immediately to any water or flood damage. They will monitor and document the whole drying process to insure that your property has been dried properly and thoroughly is back to normal.
Call SERVPRO of Haines City/Polk City at 863-551-5004.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call 1-800-SERVPRO
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.