Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
It only takes a small water leak, or even excess humidity, for mold to form in your home or business. When a home or business suffers any type of water intrusion, mold can arise and spread in as little as 48 hours and become a major problem and hassle. Mold can produce allergens and irritants, and it has the potential to cause other health effects. If you suspect your home or business has a mold problem, please call SERVPRO of Haines City/Polk City. We can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (863) 236-3553
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Haines City / Polk City for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Haines City / Polk City has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Haines City
- Polk City